Gila GreenfieldBorn in 1969, Israel. Lives and works in Tel Aviv.
- 1992–1995: Graduated from Vital – The Tel Aviv Center for Design Studies, Department of Visual Communication.
- 1995–1997: Painting studies with Jordan Wolfson in Jerusalem
- 2001: Graduated Cité Création – school for mural paintings on buildings, Lyon, France, on a residency and studies grant from the Jerusalem Municipality
- 2011–2014: Painting studies with Maya Cohen Levi at “Hadar Avoda” Studio, Tel Aviv; Member, Artist Unit-e group.
- 2000–2014: Worked on commissioned urban mural paintings on buildings and in public spaces in Israel and abroad.
- 2010: Fata Morgana, solo exhibition at the Artists house Tel Aviv.
- 2016: Fresh Paint Contemporary Art Fair, Independent Artists’ Greenhouse, Tel Aviv.
- 2017: On Consciousness and Interiors, Double exhibition with Yitzhak Greenfield at Art Space TLV;
- Participated in numerous group exhibitions in Israel and abroad. She is currently a member of the artist group Artist Unit-e
About Gila:Gila Greenfield is an Israeli artist who lives and works in Tel Aviv.
Greenfield mainly works in the media of painting and collage. In her work, she investigates the relationship between living spaces and the presence and absence of figures in them. The rooms in Greenfield’s works are assembled from photos from European and Japanese design magazines from the 1950s and 1960s, and from an Internet-based design program. In her works, Greenfield juxtaposes the illusionary depth of detailed, polished design elements with peeling walls, loosely washed flat backgrounds and dripping color, creating a tension between the two-dimensional and the three-dimensional.
The living room in Greenfield’s paintings and collages becomes a meeting place of different times, cultures and points of view. Her paintings stage an encounter between the aesthetic and the crumbling and between the seductive and the abandoned.
The motif of the woman as a symbol of beauty and a source of strength repeats in her work.
Greenfield has received a scholarship to study contemporary urban mural painting in France with Cité Création and she is currently a member of the artist group Artist Unit-e. Greenfield’s works have been exhibited in various exhibitions in Israel and abroad.